Health and Safety Performance
Quality, Environmental, Health and Safety Policy
As a leading specialty chemical producer and supplier, Lawter is committed to excellence in quality environmental, health and safety (QEHS) performance. QEHS performance and technology to reaching cleaner and better chemistry in harmony with people and nature is essential for our long-term business success. We will operate our business according to best practices and responsible QEHS management principles which will be incorporated into our Lawter management system and will be the foundation of our global QEHS management program.
Accordingly, Lawter will:
- Operate in an ethical, safe, and environmentally responsible manner that protects our associates, customers, and communities while benefiting society, the economy, and the environment.
- Comply with all applicable EHS laws and regulations and partner with governments and other stakeholders to implement effective and efficient EHS programs.
- Assess the QEHS and security implications of our operations and products mitigating risks using effective Product Stewardship measures
- Minimize the environmental impact of our operations and products supporting the sustainability of our business.
- Foster a culture to continually identify, reduce, and manage associated QEHS and process safety risks throughout all levels of our organization and ensure necessary support for individuals to carry out their responsibilities.
- Be prepared to respond appropriately to emergencies arising as a consequence of our operations and/or products.
- Educate our associates, contractors, customers, and our communities on safe and environmentally responsible use and handling of our products.
- Be a good neighbor in the communities we operate, communicating openly about our risks, QEHS programs, and performance in a transparent process encouraging dialogue with all stakeholders.
- Establish meaningful QEHS performance measures and self-assessment programs that drive continuous improvement in our business processes while aligning with the International Best Practice Standards.
All associates, contractors, and others working on Lawter’s behalf are expected to take the path of highest integrity. They are expected to communicate any QEHS concerns to Lawter management enabling prompt investigation and actions resulting in full and continuous compliance with our QEHS policy.
President & CEO
Vice President — Global Operations & Development
Ronald de Jong
Global QEHS Manager